We are a prequalified subcontractor in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia, specializing in Traffic Signal and Intelligent Transportation Systems. Colter Electric has been in this business since the 1960’s. Since then we have installed Traffic Signals, Intelligent Transportation Systems, and associated infrastructure in over 200 major projects.
We are known for our ability to provide high-quality value-added solutions. That includes all aspects of electrical and associated infrastructure solutions and installations for Highway/Outdoor lighting, specializing in Traffic Signal and Intelligent Transportation Systems, including fiber communication for traffic management.
Some of our major projects include:
- Martin Luther King Jr. Dr. from Lowery St. to Patterson Ave. in Winston-Salem, NC. (2012)
- I-74 from Johnston St. to I-85 in High Point, NC (2010)
- Hwy 70 from Fanjoy Rd. to Salisbury Hwy. in Statesville, NC. (2008)
- Hwy 16. from Kesler Rd. to Caleb Setzer Rd in Conover, NC. (2007)
- Thornburg Dr. from Hwy 16 to Emmanuel Church Rd in Conover, NC. (2005)
- E. Geer St. from Cheek Rd. to Midland Terrace in Durham, NC. (2004)
- Liberia Ave. from Prince William Pkwy to Centreville Rd. in Manassas, VA. (1998)
- I-77/I-85 interchange to John Belk Fwy in Charlotte, NC. (1996)